CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

So I thot I would share one of our family favorites.  It is great for "breakfast for dinner" type meals. It also is a great thing to share with others (new baby, illness) or to a brunch. 

Here is what you will need:

8 eggs (sometimes I want it a bit thicker and use 10)
3 cups of shredded cheese
4Tb Milk
1lb Sausage
1 package refrig. cresent rolls

Preheat oven to 350.  In a skillet, brown the sausage, drain and set aside. 


In a bowl beat the eggs and milk. Mix in 1.5-2 cups of cheese. (The cheese here is to taste.  If you don't want this much cheese then don't add it.  I like lots of cheese) You can also add salt and pepper here to taste. Oh, and I have had versions of this that add a small can of green chiles. Gives it that southwest feel.




Next, open the package of cresent rolls and spread them out in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. I use baking spray on the bottom first to prevent sticking. Make sure to close all the seams.



Then pour the sausage evenly over the cresent rolls and then pour the egg mixture over the sausage (evenly). Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.


Stick that bad boy in the oven for about 30 min. or until the crust is a goldnen brown. 
Take it out
Cut it up
Enjoy!!

You will notice that there are no pictures of the finished product.  This is because as soon as it is done my kids are ready to eat and I just can't wait myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment